Help my feet!

Posted by on September 21, 2010 at 11:11 pm.

My poor feet are screaming for help. I’ve never given them enough attention, but now I’ve come to the conclusion that it has to stop. Or rather, begin.

Please give me your best tips for feet care! How do you take care of your feet?

(Btw, sorry for the lack of posts, but I forgot my camera at my mom’s. I’m currently wearing OPI Color So Hot It Berns, and I LOVE IT)

8 Comments

• KarenD says:

My three-point plan:

1) Lots of moisturizer, especially before bed.

2) Using a metal rasp on my heels (and sometimes other parts of my soles, depending on they’re looking) at least four times a week.

3) Keeping the nails painted so I’m more likely to notice and take care of them.

Oh, and not wearing brand new shoes with no socks the day before running a 5K. Did that once, never again. :)

• Jackie S. says:

Everything Karen D. said is true :)

Okay I am a SUPER nut about foot care:

1. I scrub my feet with a a grey pumice stone in the shower, every time I get in the shower.

2. I use a rich foot cream by Barielle, but any heavy cream (vaseline works great) will do and apply it after my shower and at bed time I apply the cream and then socks

3. I try not to walk around the house barefoot.

4. Always keep them painted.

5. Once a week I use a salt scrub on my feet and really rub them with the scrub while I’m in the shower.

6. The sock/cream routine at night is very important if you wear alot of open toes shoes, or shoes without socks, because this is the time that your feet can be well moisturized and insulated.

That’s all I can think of now…good luck!

• Starlight says:

Whenever my feet hurt, I take a 30 minute soak in my Homedics foot spa bath. It’s nothing fancy,but it is very soothing!

• viveka says:

jag använder åhlens egna fotkräm och fotbad, fotbadet är väl som alla andra, men fotkrämen luktar fantastiskt gott av typ mint, och det känns verkligen svalkande!

• Nailspotting says:

I soley rely on a grey pumice stone once a week after my shower when the feet are soft. I recommend Apotekets ACO Mjukgörande fotkräm Special Care at night, works wonders and it’s cheap!

My feet always get worse when it’s starting to get colder outside, it’s something with the dry air inside that just makes them drier than dry. Good luck!

• Ninni says:

Lots of cream all the time is the answer. If you put cream on often you do not need to scrub them very often.

• Dionela says:

Pretty much the same stuff everyone else said. I would add try to use socks and lotion when you’re at home…dont walk around barefoot too much. Ah wait Jackie S already said that! LOL

• Migdall says:

I think moisturizing is the key, not scrubbing. Of course I do use scrub regularly, but I’ve notice, that if I go insane and scrub too often, skin grows back insanely quickly. My feet are getting very dry at winter time as well.

Trackbacks / Pingbacks